Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Things don't change....

Things don't change; you change your way of looking at them.

It isn't too long ago when i was a teenager myself and still remember how irritating parental rules could be. Even vacations were not spared to spend as my heart desired. Never could really understand back then why mom would just not let me be! I didn't want to ride the cycle when i could just loll in the bed during those sweet early summer mornings. I didn't want to be a part of any learning activity group when i could spend sultry evenings gossiping away with my girlfriends. It was so much fun to idle away the afternoons with a book in hand and plain day-dream and not have to write those mandatory pages of cursive writing! But it was never that way.

And today,as i packed off my 13 year old to an activity camp,i m reminded of my days as a teen. The same resistance,the same set of why's ,the same ,"why can't you just let me be?" It's the same me but i m now on the other side. I don't break rules anymore,i make them.

2 comments:

neha2go said...

"Hey Jiza"...or should I have called you "archana" as you would be known to the world reading your blogs...Nay...Jizu it is!....
so to begin with...
your first blog about Parental realizations....Cant claim to have been there done that....so as of now just passing by your blog as eh!!...something amazingly rich in vocab and well narrated that I read...but let me enjoy being upset with my parents when they "JUST DON'T LET ME BE". I guess that's why everyone learns with experience and all the "heavier than Iron slab" philosophical books don't help people to learn to balance before they fall once...on every road of life that we tread....
I liked all your posts...and each one has a different quality..which is what is evident and expected from you as I always adored you as a speaker and knew u could kick ass at writing....and yeah...increase the font :D

neha2go said...

just came across this qoute today and remembered this post once again as something relevant to it...."Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
-Douglas Adams